Dr Iryna Kravchenko
Iryna Kravchenko studied biochemistry at Odessa Mechnikov National University (Odessa, Ukraine). She received her Ph.D. in bioorganic chemistry from the A. V. Bogatsky Physico-Chemical Institute (Odessa, Ukraine) and worked at immobilization of enzymes in gels of natural and synthetic polymers. In 2000-2001 she worked as senior researcher at the Dermatology Department, University of California San Francisco, San-Francisco, USA. In 2004 she defended her second dissertation and received the title of Doctor of Science, in which she dealt with transdermal delivery systems for 1,4- benzodiazepine derivatives.
Since 2004 she is full professor at Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Odessa Mechnikov National University (Ukraine). In 2017 Prof. Dr. Kravchenko became the Head of Department of Organic and Pharmaceutic Technologies at Odessa Polytechnic State University.
In 2022, she joined the group of Prof. Claus-Michael Lehr as a postdoctoral researcher at Helmholtz Institute for Pharmaceutical Research Saarland, Department of Drug Delivery Across Biological Barriers. Her research interests are focused on thermoresponsive liquid crystals as penetration enhancers for anti-infective drugs across eukaryotic and prokaryotic membranes.
- Since 2022 Thermotropic liquid crystal systems based on cholesteryl esters, terpenoids and their derivatives as enhancers of transmembrane drug delivery
- 2016-2019 Synthesis and pharmacological investigation of novel esters based on terpenoids and amino acids
- 2016-2018 Anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties of natural compounds
- 2011-2013 Influence of thermotropic liquid crystal on skin penetration in vitro and in vivo.
- 2007-2009 Synthesis and pharmacology properties of 1,4-benzdiazepine prodrugs.
- 2000-2004 Transdermal delivery systems for derivatives of 1,4-benzdiazepine.
- 1993-1996 Hydrophilic covering containing proteolytic enzymes